Old March 22nd 18, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Default Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

Well well well....I forgot a good nugget of info. I have “Spreadsheet” or “Bookkeeper “ lenses made for my reader glasses that provides a wider field of view.
Again, tri-focal with clear top half for distance over the panel/dashboard, next is 1.0 wide field that allow me to read the instrument panel including the FOs with little head movement, and 2.0 for reading maps and small print,etc.
I then have the Optician gradient dye the lenses Serengetti Amber approaching clear into the lower have.
Sweet Alabama , very happy and the amber contrast gliders nicely.
I also have a non-tint for night flying.