Old March 22nd 18, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flarm reporting my own ADSB Out

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 12:46:21 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
Yes PowerFLARM 1090ES In and FLARM deduplication works. Why the question?
If it's not working the likely suspect is the FLARM or transponder have mismatching ICAO addresses.

It's still spotty deduplicating Mode S and FLARM. A friend and I have flown together several times and the false alerts can get annoying. We both have LX9000 and Trig transponders. We've gone over and over the configs and have been in touch with FLARM and LXnav. The answer is that they're still working on such issues and future firmware may get better.

We flew together last Sunday, and both still get occasional PCAS warnings complete with the contest number while at the same time seeing the FLARM target. I also get self alerts every 20-30 minutes or so.

5Z