Old March 22nd 18, 10:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
okko kloosterman

Default Dittel 833 radio

Martin,

A few years ago I have downloaded a document about the RS232 serial
interface of the KRT2 (it's from AirPlus, but I can't retrace the
source). It says the data rate is 9600bd, 8 bit, no parity, no handshake.
I will sent the document to you by e-mail.

Okko Kloosterman
Netherlands

Op 21-3-2018 om 17:18 schreef Martin Gregorie:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:58:26 +0000, John Wells wrote:

I like mine, David -- it was comparatively good value for money. The UI
isn't great (I can never remember which combination of buttons and
twists does what, but that's a general gripe with most 57mm glider
instruments these days).

I can't use the .NET-based program Dittel supply to up/down load the
preset frequency list because it won't run on Linux, so I'm writing my own
program. I have a suitable wiring harness built and a specification of
the protocol used for these uploads and downloads, but I don't know know
the serial port settings on the radio.

Can anybody tell me what baud rate, parity and stop bits setting the the
KRT2 uses (pins 2,13 plus ground - same as it uses to talk to a remote
head).