Old May 5th 05, 03:54 PM
JimBob

Greg Farris wrote:
Come on now, that's a wild guess!
Could have been any number of things. Maybe they couldn't find the

GS.
Maybe they thought they were still above it, when they were already

below it.
Sounds like there was some confusion about what their actual altitude

was,
which should not be going on if established on an ILS a mile out.

According to
the controller's radar they lost 300ft in 14 sec - trying to duck

under?
Trying toget their GS indicator to come alive? Maybe there was

something wrong
with the instrument - we can't exclude that at this early stage.

The weather report indicated 200 ft - but that was 20 minutes

earlier. The
Citation reported 200 also, but when I hear jets reporting minimums,

I always
wonder if it's really lower, and they just don't want to say it.

For now, it remains a tragedy for the freinds and families of the

victims,
otherwise an approach accident in low IFR, and we'll have to wait to

know
more.

G Faris

What do you do when you cannot get the GS on approach? Can you
descent?