Old May 7th 05, 08:41 AM
Hilton

Tom Fleischman wrote:
Baloney, it contains a lot that is new.

1 - There was communication with the tower throughout the approach and
the pilot was WARNED that he was too low and continued to descend
anyway.

Do you think that a descent rate of more than 1200 fpm (300' in 14 seconds)
is normal after being warned that he was too low? Since something around
500 fpm would be more 'normal', perhaps there was something else gong on
other than he "continued to descend anyway"?

2 - It appears that his medical was out of date and he was not legal to
be PIC on that flight.

Perhaps the web site does not have the latest data and the pilot just came
from the doc?

3 - There was nothing wrong with the major aircraft systems that could
be evaluated on the preliminary report suggesting that a mechanical
problem was not a likely cause.

Exactly - nothing on the *preliminary* report - that's why they don't stop
there. This does not suggest that "mechanical problem was not likely the
cause". All it says is that the preliminary report showed nothing wrong
with the major aircraft systems. Do you know that his static port wasn't
blocked, that his altimeter was set correctly and reading correctly, that he
didn't suffer a heart attack, that the student didn't committed suicide, ...

4 - It appears that American Flyers is incapable of even keeping track
of the medical currency of their instructors, a fairly simple task.

See my above comment on his medical.

That is gross negligence IMHO.

I would consider making unsubstantiated and potentially completely false
claims with minimal knowledge of the real facts gross negligence.

I don't know where you get the idea that I have set myself up as judge
and jury on this.

Read your post again.

Hilton