Old October 30th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Technology is Incredible...

Only in the 21st century:

Without any effort on my part I just received an aviation video as an
attachment to an email (for our aviation video website) from a guy who
is viewing our hotel's website (which resides on a computer in
California, which, in turn, is owned and operated by a guy in North
Carolina) while sitting comfortably on the bridge of a research vessel
sailing off the coast of Cote D'Iovoire.

He is accessing the internet via the IARSAT satellite.

Nothing that guy and I just did was possible -- or even existed -- when
I was born.

Amazing!
--
Jay Honeck