Old April 25th 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Purchase Procedure - Annual & Pre Purchase Inspection?

What is a safe purchase procedure for an older glider? Two are LS3's and one is an LS3A. All have been refinished in PU.

A careful inspection of the glider, logs, title, AD's, W&B, and trailer by someone that you trust to be knowledgable.

This is definitely before flight, but if the money is important, then before purchase.

Who you trust might be you or your mechanic, or in some circumstances someone connected to the seller if you think this results in an inspection you can trust your butt with.

I've looked at a few and bought two. I was comfortable doing the initial inspections myself. For the first, I bought it and then got a trusted friend/A&P to look at structure, flight, and finish stuff before the first flight. For the second, I got an expert before the purchase.