Old February 1st 21, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

Default Glider ASW-24, 90 degree 15 knot crosswind landing (video)

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 4:14:35 PM UTC-8, Glider Pilot wrote:
https://rumble.com/vd66fx-glider-asw...d-landing.html

Thanks for posting your crosswind landing, but the view out front is more impressive with the nose cocked off into the crosswind! The strongest crosswind I’ve had to make was a good 30-40 knot direct crosswind from the right. I carried some extra altitude until I was established on the extended center line. As I tracked down extended center-line, my nose was cocked to the right a good 15 degrees, or so! Corrections were obvious and easily made......right of center line = reduce correction angle, left of center line = increase correction angle! I touched down in a crab while holding the up-wind wing a bit low to make sure the wind didn’t get under the wing and turn the ship.
Peace of cake,
JJ