Old September 7th 04, 12:13 AM
Aaron Coolidge

Dude wrote:
: I got an idea from a recent thread.

: I would like to know what you guys would spend to go a little faster. This
: would seem to be interesting information, and a fun topic.

This isn't really what you asked, but its been bothering me for a while.
The most cost-effective speed mod that I have ever seen is:
Ram air knob on an '83 Mooney 201. It adds 0.5 to 0.75 inches of MP at
full throttle, and is worth 3 knots. My friend, the owner of the Mooney,
won't bother using it because "It's too much trouble, and it's not worth it".

I keep reminding him that us Cherokee owners spend over $3000 to get a 3-knot
increase, and he can have the same for FREE!

--
Aaron Coolidge