Old September 7th 04, 03:07 PM
Paul Sengupta

"tony roberts" wrote in message
news:nospam-4FFFDB.23194306092004@shawnews...
My own view - who cares?
I fly because I love to fly - not because I want to get from A to B in X
amount of time. I have friends who go Waaaay faster than me - and they
burn 14gph. I plod along burning 8gph. I love to fly.They get there much
faster and fly a lot less. I doodle along at my 8GPH, and take way
longer than them. There are faster ways of getting there - but that
isn't why I'm flying. I'm flying because I love flying. So how much
would I pay to fly faster? Very little. How much would I pay to get
shorter and safer take-offs from short high density altitude strips?
Lots.

Ok, how about turning this around. Each person has their own value
on speed and time...obviously someone who could make $100,000 a
sale and could do three a a day instead of two by going 10 knots faster
would find speed worth it! But...if you're talking about aerodynamic
clean-ups...the collorary to that is if you want to go the same speed,
how much fuel does it save you? It would save more money here in
Europe where fuel is much more expensive.

So how much would you spend to save how much on fuel?? :-)

The ultimate here where kerosene is 1/3 the price of avgas would be a
diesel conversion.

Paul