Old January 26th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Rubber Stamp ???

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:15:13 -0800, "Rich S."
wrote:

I know I have the word-for-word text for an Experimental - amateur built
annual inspection around here someplace (behind the futon in a briefcase, I
think). So far I have just copied it in rather illegible printing in my
logbook up at the hangar, duplicating what I think I wrote the year before.

The label idea is great! Would someone please quote the wording here so I
can cut and paste it into Word to print up a page of labels?

"Sh*t, man, go fly!"
+ name, certificate number, and date

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:08:23 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

That's because Word in label mode makes up a sheet of 30 labels at less than
a tenth of a cent a label, and you can put your own name and certificate
number directly on the label. My PMI suggests that when you do the wet ink
signature that you cut a corner of the label with the ink so that if anybody
attempts to remove the label it leaves a "hole" in their logbook that may be
difficult to explain.

I'll put a plug in for one of my favorite pieces of computer hardwa A
Brother QL-500 label printer. It plugs into the USB port, and prints onto a
long roll of label material. I rarely have to use a whole Avery 30-label sheet,
and the Brother beats using those weird little half-sheets and play with Word to
print in the next open position. With the label printer, I can highlight the
address or text in Word, press the label-print button on the Word toolbar, and
out she pops. I bought mine for something like $60 with one of those 20%
coupons the office-supply stores usually have.

Ron Wanttaja