Old May 31st 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Has Anyone Used The "Approach Sport Hub Avionics Wiring Systems"?

I asked my avionics guy about this or something similar and he wrinkled up his
nose and said those were for homebuilders. I didn't get any more detail about
why it was a Bad Thing.

It does look suspiciously like something a homebuilder would use. No
avionics shops I have inquired have suggested using anything like a bus
or hub yet???

It seems like the cost of most avionics upgrades can be figure out by
taking the cost of the avionics and doubling it to factor in the
re-wiring. I may be over-simplifying the value that a hub would give
you, but if you do the re-wiring once (wiring in the hub), and simply
plug any new components into that hub, with the appropriate cables,
that would save you several re-wiring costs down the road???

Thanks for the feedback! I was just curious as to whether anyone has
heard of this, considered using it, or has actually installed it.

Best Regards,
Todd