Old May 24th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Gluing rubber pieces

On May 24, 11:15*am, "
wrote:
Trying to repair the foot on the extension laddder I use
in the hangar.

It needs a new rubber foot.

I'm riviting a 1/4" piece or rubber to the aluminum foot.
Then I want to glue a 1/8" piece to the that to cover the
rivet heads.

So the glue joint would mostly be in compression and would
have to have decent shear strength. *It wouldn't have to have
more peel strength than what's required to reliably keep the
1/8" piece from falling off.

In the dark ages, I'd reach for the Pliobond. *Is there a better
solution these days? *Crazy glue of some kind?

Bill Hale Loveland CO

Maybe tire patching cement? Got a bike tire patch kit handy?

Dan