Old May 25th 09, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
routund

Default Gluing rubber pieces

" wrote:

Trying to repair the foot on the extension laddder I use
in the hangar.

It needs a new rubber foot.

I'm riviting a 1/4" piece or rubber to the aluminum foot.
Then I want to glue a 1/8" piece to the that to cover the
rivet heads.

So the glue joint would mostly be in compression and would
have to have decent shear strength. It wouldn't have to have
more peel strength than what's required to reliably keep the
1/8" piece from falling off.

In the dark ages, I'd reach for the Pliobond. Is there a better
solution these days? Crazy glue of some kind?

Bill Hale Loveland CO

3M Weatherstrip Trim Adhesive. Get it at any auto parts store. Comes in yellow
or black, although sometimes black is hard to find.