Old June 10th 20, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Default VNE vs altitude: glider specs vs rules of thumb

This is interesting for me as I am programming alerts into my S80 and ClearNav varios. In my Ventus Ct

For the purposes of reporting and alerting on air speeds, both the ClearNav and S80 have OAT probes near the pitot.

I am wondering of the TAS calculations in the vario(s) calculate TAS on both temperature and altitude? I assume as they are high end varios they do.

Also I am wondering if based on ballast, I can set the VNE alert in the vario(s) to shift appropriately based on ballast entered?

Yes I know, RTFM, but the questions seems relevant to the discussion at hand so if anyone can chip in on how STF varios calculate TAS it would be interesting.

Mike