Old July 3rd 15, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default "Flarm, no GPS"

I am getting this bitching Betty alarm every so often. It may do it for a minute or so, then goes away, then comes again.

Looking at the Flarm IGC file, there are comment lines that look like this:

LFLA213757GPS 7 45

Which I believe represents GPS status (7 satellites?)

Then I get some that look like this:

LFLA213857GPS 0 0

No satellites? The B field time stamps show a lat and long 4 seconds before and 4 seconds after. In the flight today I got 14 of these and about that many warnings (I didn't count the warnings).

This didn't happen last year, started coincident with the 6.0.2 firmware "upgrade".

Can anyone shed any light on this? Can't find any spec from Flarm that describes it.