Old May 20th 04, 11:24 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
(John Clonts) wrote:
Side question, I have tried filing via Duats a flight plan beginning
at a navaid, and it won't let me because it tries to convert it to an
airport (e.g. XYZ Vor yields "Airport KXYZ does not exist"). Do you
know of some way around this?

I've never had any problem. I just filed one from Carmel VOR to Sparta
VOR and it worked fine. The DUATS system came up with the remark on
it's own when I entered the route, saying, "Inserting lat/long
(4104/07432) for SAX to ensure ARTCC flight plan acceptance"

1 Type of flight plan: IFR
2 Aircraft tail number: N25629
3 Acft type/special equip: P28A/U
4 True airspeed: 130
5 Departure point: CMK
6 Departure time: (UTC) Thu May 20 23:30
7 Altitude: 60
8 Route of flight: 4104/07432
9 Destination: SAX
10 Estimated time enroute: 0200
11 Remarks: ..4104/07432.. IS SAX
12 Fuel on board: 0001
13 Alternate destination(s):
14 Pilot's name: ROY H SMITH
Address: 185 BEACH ST CITY ISLAND NY 10464
Phone no.: 718 885 3246
Aircraft home base: HPN
15 Number aboard: 1
16 Color of aircraft: WHITE/BLUE
17 Dest contact name:
Phone no.:

Adverse weather may exist for your briefing area.
Do you request these additional weather types? (Y/N) [N]

Enter field number(s) to correct, 'F' to file,'S' to save,
'FS' to file and save, 'R' for route wx briefing, or 'Q' to quit: f

Flight plan accepted by DynCorp IS DUAT service and will be filed
with ZBW on Thu May 20 22:21 (UTC).