Old March 8th 19, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default So I am getting to know Ryan

Hello everyone,

For those who don't know me, I'm Chelsea, Ryan's only daughter. I'm sorry to tell you Ryan Brown passed away this morning [March 5] at about 5 am. He was not alone. His wife Cindy and his hospice nurse were there with him, and he died peacefully after fighting a losing battle with esophageal cancer. Cindy took excellent care of him the last few months, I can't thank her enough for loving and caring for him. He also had a fantastic crew at Sharp who took care of him.

If you ever got to know my father, you know he was a pretty special guy. He was the man that would stop every single time when he saw someone stranded on the road. Many times, he would be able to fix what was wrong and send people on their way. Wherever he would go, if he saw a screw loose, he'd tighten it. If there was trash on the ground, he'd pick it up. If there was a car stuck in a ditch, he'd figure out a way to pull it out. Ryan Brown was not one to look the other way
and let things become someone else's problem.

He worked incredibly hard and although it might not always seem like he liked it, he did. When he wasn't fixing or maintaining things at Sky Sailing, he was in his garage doing it for neighbors and friends. He didn't always get paid for it, but that never stopped him. He always told me it was more important to do something I like then something that only paid well. His workshop burned down in August 2018, and sometimes I think that was the day he actually died.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9ngzGDmJmawJ1mHx9