Old February 11th 21, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Alpha is Down

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 2:33:08 PM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
I'm sad to report that my friend Dave Cole passed away this morning.
Dave was a lifetime second generation pilot at the Blue Ridge Soaring Society where he was a member for more than 50 years.
Dave was an active cross country and contest pilot and served on the Contest Rules Subcommittee for several years.
He was one of the 17 that flew the first 1000k contest flight in 1990, among his many flying achievements.
He was always one of the first to volunteer to work on, or very commonly lead all kinds of club projects. His marks are everywhere around New Castle International.
Sadly, a few years ago, Dave started a battle with Alzheimer's and was not able to be with us as he and we would have liked.
His wife Charlie was his faithful partner till the end. She has our love.
I will miss my friend Dave terribly.
With love and respect
UH

Sorry to hear this.....I didn't know him well, but knew him from contests & family.

Condolences to family & friends....