Old November 11th 17, 01:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A Veterans' Day Salute

On Nov 11, 2017, Bob (not my real pseudonym) wrote
(in ):

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 01:08:06 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

A Veteran's Day Salute to all those who have served, and to those
currently serving.

That includes my Dad, USAAF 1943-1947, 5th AF, 49th Fighter Group, 9th
Fighter Sqn. Silver Star, DFC + OLC, Air Medal + 5 OLC. 4 kills, and
some unconfirmed.

He is 94 years old, and hanging in there.

My respect and my thanks to him!

Thanks for that. I will pass the message on when I speak to him later this
morning.

I should have added a few more snippets of info; he graduated from class 43G
at Craig Field. He originally shipped out To New Guinea in 1943 as a P-47
relief pilot. However, the 9th FS were soon re-equiped with new P-38J’s.

In two tours he accumulated 500+ combat hours in 160 combat missions. He also
has the Asiatic-Pacific Theater medal with battle stars for The Bismark
Archipeligo, New Guinea, Borneo, Leyte, Lingayen Gulf, & Okinawa campaigns.

--

Regards,
Savageduck