Old April 30th 12, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default Any EASA problems with USA glider licence?

At 13:01 30 April 2012, Papa3 wrote:
On Monday, April 30, 2012 2:14:17 AM UTC-4, POPS wrote:
Question for the Europeans -or others- that know the facts, only the
facts ma'am....:

What happens when a US pilot shows up to fly in Europe, like Germany
Austria and Switzerland for any number of months? Perhaps joining a
club to help facilitate things.
Any preparation to be done here in the US beforehand? Medical required
over there? Language barriers based on required reading/testing?.....

What lays ahead. I hope it's not a insanely massive paperwork chase
like other stuff I've ground through over there.
Thanks

--
POPS

When I did this in the UK a couple of years back, all I had to do was to
have a medical form equivalent to a commercial driver's license
certification from a doctor. The piloting part was actually quite easy

get done.

P3

If you are flying in the UK the ONLY legal requirement at the present time
is that you are over 16 years of age. If you fly at a BGA club they will
want to see a medical but that is not a legal requirement,
In the not to distant future if they have their way EASA will make it much
more difficult.
Whatever you do don't take a glider to Italy, they will charge you 450 eros
just for having it there.