Old October 9th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default Acceleration Data from Flight Sim?

I was able to do what I needed using FSUIPC from Pete Dowson and the
FSUIPC VB .NET library created by Paul Henty. Both are available in
the Pete Dowson forum on Simflight.com.

Coding using the VB .NET library and example is a piece of cake. You
can even download an "Express" version of Visual Studio VB from
Microsoft for free! I was able to get FS9 talking to my motion control
hardware within an hour or two. After about six hours of work total I
had everything working satisfactorily.

You'll have to register FSUIPC in order to use it. I think the cost
was $30 US - well worth it!

Pat Dotson

wrote:
Are there any flight sims that provide readable inertial acceleration
data? I'd like to be able to read linear and angular acceleration
values in all six degrees of freedom.

Thanks,
Pat Dotson