Old July 6th 17, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Wax, Teflon, Wx?

Ask and ye shall receive. https://www.practical-sailor.com/iss...er_5869-1.html

FWIW... I use 3M Finesse-It II polish and 3M Liquid Marine Wax using a heavy duty polisher (Dewalt variable speed polisher) and the recommended polishing and waxing pads. I do a full treatment every spring and then the tops of the wings at least once or twice during the season.

When I sold my 14 year old LS8, the person who did the final once-over before the new buyer accepted it said it was "the best he'd ever seen newer gelcoat look". I'm not 100% sure I'd go that far, but the 3M stuff is good for the average person who doesn't want to do a full hardwax using the heavy-duty cotton wheel.

My opinion is that doing something is better than not doing anything because it's too time-consuming, expensive, etc. The 3M liquid wax is easy enough to use that I can do both wings on a regular flying day after assembly or after flying. So, I use it more reliably.

P3