Old May 29th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Air Expo 2006 - Cannon AFB - Clovis/Portales, NM

Hey Jack,

Had a great time at Cannon. Great visiting with you.
Hanging out in that wind to pass out literature was
definitely 'above & beyond' the call of duty ;o)

I'm glad they scheduled my flight early in the day,
before the wind went from honking to mother-honking.

Bob

At 14:06 28 May 2006, Jack wrote:
I had a long day of keeping little fingers from going
where they
shouldn't, and answering questions. I roasted, and
with the winds
gusting to 40, I had dirt blown into every pore of
my body. That's the
bad side...

The good side is that the SSA got a lot of exposure,
and not just from
me, but from Bob, the jet-glider guy from Moriarty.
He put on a good
show. I got asked a lot of questions about his performance.
I gave out
almost all the literature the SSA supplied me, and
we will probably
come up with a few new members. One guy from the Alamagordo
area said
he was hoping to join that club soon. We had several
from our area
express interest so we may have a few new faces at
Caprock... time will
tell.

Have a great Memorial Day.

Jack Womack