Old November 17th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Gyro's was Groen Bros. DARPA Award

On 2005-11-11 17:06:20 -0500, boB said:

boB... there are so many Bob's that I spell my name backwards. I
didn't know about Brewton. The IP I called was something like "dolph"
something.

That would be Dofin Fritts. I've flown with him.

That's him....

an alternative to the RAF is the AAI Sparrowhawk, made,
oddly enough, by the selfsame Groen Brothers of this thread.

http;//gbagyros.com/

Thank you for the link. Now I have some time to look at it and from
what you say I would need a flight in each before buying.

If you're in P'cola, the nearest AAI dealer to you is probably Terry
Eiland in the Tampa area.

I'm quite a distance away here in Central Texas. It's a day plus trip
to p'cola

My Toy
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3...rastrip8lz.jpg

That page made me grin

That was a fun little aircraft. I always had the feeling of a slow
hovering helicopter when flying it.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)