Old October 28th 04, 01:15 PM
C J Campbell

"Roger Long" wrote in message
This from http://www.avweb.com/, my favorite source of aviation news:

Brain In A Bowl Flies Simulator
Someone once said he could teach a monkey to fly

I thought I was the one who said that -- on this news group!

but researchers at the
University of Florida have taken it a quantum leap further. The biomedical
team says it has a dish full of about 25,000 rat neurons that can keep a

PC
flight simulator on the straight and level. "It's as if the neurons

control
the stick in the aircraft, they can move it back and forth and left and
right," Professor Thomas DeMarse told Wired News.

I am not sure I like the implications of what this has to say about pilots.
Now, if they had gotten the rat neurons to file a legal brief, I could
believe that....