Old February 1st 10, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_4_]

Default W&B-Where do you Measure People Positions

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:14:32 -0500, "Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in
address)" wrote:

I'm helping a chapter member do the initial weight measurements on his
plane. I think we have everything except what point should be used for
the seat positions. I didn't see it addressed in the weight and balance
section of AC 43.13.

What point along the seat is considered the center of a sitting person?
I know an inch or two either way won't make a bunch of difference, but
we might as well start with the best number achievable.

Thanks

anthropomorphically a seated pilots cg is about an inch aft of his
belly button.
as dan says use the location of his belt buckle. you wont detect the
difference.

Stealth Pilot