Old September 10th 03, 08:33 PM
Dave

BD5ER wrote:
Sounds like a solution to a non-existent problem.

Rich "To save an ounce, lose a hamburger" S.

That weight reduction program is well underway. Hamburgers are in, just no
carbs.......and the weight savings is already many times greater than all of
the carbon and Spectra combined will save.

I agree there isn't much of a "problem" to be solved. Still, I like the idea
of something a bit different, otherwise I'd have just bought a 172.

We use it in the skydiving industry for canopy lines. It appears to be
very strong and abrasion resistant. The lines aren't much different in
size than tooth picks. 500 or 800 pound test.
The only problem is, it shrinks when heated. The line sets on our
parachutes need to be replaced every so often because of abrasion heat.
Usually around 500 jumps or so.
Should not be a problem in most aircraft.
Also, UV can hurt the strength of the line.

Dave