Old September 11th 03, 08:51 AM
Corrie

"Rich S." wrote in message ...
"BD5ER" wrote in message
I agree there isn't much of a "problem" to be solved. Still, I like the

idea
of something a bit different, otherwise I'd have just bought a 172.

You need some of that stuff that was featured in "Fountains of Paradise" by
Arthur C. Clarke.

The space-elevator cable stuff? Welcome to the 21st century - it's
not quite unobtanium anymore. It's available (or soon will be) at
your local Nano Depot in the Buckytubes aisle. Carbon filaments made
of stacks of rings of carbon atoms. Tensile strength that makes steel
look like wet tissue. Now if you could only get it in lengths greater
than .01 mm ...

Corrie