Old May 3rd 21, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Comfortable Pilots Fly More

A perennial discussion, cockpit size and vs. pilot size. I stumbled onto this academic paper on pilot comfort that may or may not have been posted here in the past but I think what is most important is the conclusion that comfortable pilots fly more hours. When we are trying to encourage our club members to fly more often and fly farther, the issue of comfort has to be considered in fleet options in our clubs and by manufacturers when designing future sailplanes!

https://journals.sfu.ca/ts/index.php...viewFile/84/77