Old May 8th 04, 04:00 PM
Tim

I thought he was settling with power at first. But after about the second
360 rotor rpm started to drop. plus from the reports the engine was still
running after the crash, so I would think that if it was a TR issue he would
have maybe dropped the collective.
At any rate, God was watching over them.

"Steve R." wrote in message
I managed to watch that footage a number of times. I thought tail rotor
control failure as well but sometimes I wasn't sure. He made some WILD
excursions in pitch and roll attitude that, at least to my untrained eye,
didn't seem to be connected to any kind of uncommanded yaw movements.

It'll
be interesting to hear what, if anything, the investigators have to say
about probable cause. Just glad everyone got out Ok!

Fly Safe, (goes, I think, without saying! ;-) )
Steve R.

"Sla#s" wrote in message

"Mike "Rotor" Nowak" wrote in message
Definatley looked like tail rotor failure to my untrained eyes... I

love
how
he did a running landing INTO a wall... saved everyone.

The T/R was still going round under power until it hit the roof. So as

the
pilot reported T/R failure it's more likely to be T/R control failure.

The
350 has a cable to the servo, just below the engine, then a rod to the

back
end.

Slatts