Old January 24th 05, 04:25 PM
Heli-Chair

Default Heli-Chair helicopter flight training device

Just want to introduce my helicopter flight training device to the
group. It is something that I created to teach myself how to fly a
helicopter (which I sucessfully accomplished!) and now I have made a
business out of it. Basically you sit in a chair with cyclic, torque
pedals and a collective (with throttle). You are flying a remote
controlled helicopter utilizing these controls. The main advantage is
that every detail of rotorcraft flight is duplicated. It is not a
computer simulation but instead a real helicopter. Collective can be
programmed to correlate power or the the collective and throttle can
operate independently.

It has been a very fun project. I've learned so much about flying with
it. Being able to hover with the Heli-Chair gave me a great feeling of
accomplishment. It is a great conversation starter when out flying in
public. Pilots are always drawn to it, they love to watch the motion
of the controls as I fly.

http://www.heli-chair.com

Kas