Old February 8th 04, 07:02 PM
Brett I. Holcomb

Yeah, it could eventually be figured out but I always run classic and
have even during the XP beta. The new search is one of those things
that somebody tried to make easier and failed - it shouldn't be that
hard but I guess they are afraid that if a user has to select a drive
then he might have a fit G. I had to work on an XP system yesterday
and she had the Fisher-Price interface selected.

Roger Halstead wrote:
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:23:36 -0500, "Brett I. Holcomb"
wrote:

If you're using XP the default search screen is a useless piece of junk.
Bill and his boys have attempted to make it simple and they succeded
- it's so simple it's useless. I was working with an XP home system
today and tried to find something with the default search - couldn't do
it. I run my XP box in classic mode.

Things to watch out for:

It is a little convoluted, but not terribly so if you are used to the
thing. OK, a bit more than a little convoluted.