Old December 6th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Finding "Neutral" Position on Piper Elevator/Trim Tab

Michelle P wrote:

Your best bet it to talk to your A&P and get the rigging procedures for
the trim. That way it will be right. Setting it by flying will result in
incorrect markings.
Michelle P (A&P)

I know that there is a trim rigging procedure, but is there one for
matching a particular trim setting to a particular position in the
little window? Given the loose tolerances of the plastic trim wheel
cover, I've always thought is was an approximation. I've flown a lot
of Cherokees and one thing I've noticed is that the trim settings don't
always match up from plane to plane. One of the questions I'll always
ask the owner or instructor is where they normally set the trim for
takeoff.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)