Old January 2nd 21, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Me

Default Schempp-Hirth Font Face

On Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 2:25:56 PM UTC-7, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Apr 1, 1:26 pm, "
wrote:
Could someone provide me with the name of the font face used by
Schempp on model names below the canopy and in their marketing
materials?

You mean like at the top of this document?
http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...2cxMPros04.pdf
It looks to be done by hand, not with an established typeface that
embodies every letter of the alphabet. I decomposed the .pdf file and
found that that lettering is done with individual curves, not with a
font or typeface.
If what you want to do is put the word "Discus" or "Ventus" on a
document or on graphics that you stick onto your trailer, that's
pretty easy. All you need to do is open the .pdf in Illustrator (or
similar), group the strokes that form the word, scale the group to the
desired size, and then use it as you wish.
If what you want to do is create graphic lettering of that style but
with different words and characters, you pretty much have to do that
by hand in Illustrator (or similar). I suppose that there might be an
established font for that, but I've never encountered it in any
publishing app I've yet used.
Thanks, Bob K.

Ok, anyone have this in a format (vector?) I can take to my graphics shop and get a stencil made? I'm refinishing my fuselage and would really like to get the old "Ventus" back on there as original. I really like the lettering.