Old May 12th 05, 09:32 PM
gatt

"RomeoMike" wrote in message

I feel a lot of sympathy for your dad, but he will still get a pension
(I heard up to 3/4th of what it was supposed to be) at taxpayers'
expense. If United is boycotted, where will all the layed off employees
go? No pension, but no job!

They're probably better off finding work at a company that won't screw them
and the taxpayers based on poor executive decisions.

Something has to happen, cause this sort of nonsense just keeps continuing.
Hewlett-Packard is another classic example. Carli the Destroyer got tens of
million dollars in severance plus $50,000 for--get this--"career
counseling"--meanwhile, a friend of mine who has been an engineer and
designer in their most successful business unit is one of seven remaining
from a team of over 50, and he's expecting to be laid off within the year.

Like United, the people who made the company what it is suffer. The ones
who wreck it walk away with millions. At some point, it becomes a matter
of America's best interest to make an extreme example of someone.

-c