Old September 28th 05, 02:55 PM
City Dweller

Thank you, gentlemen. I have just called the PGC and left a message. This
place looks great.

-- CD

wrote in message
ups.com...
I suspect Long Island Soaring is the closest to your location--but they
do not have glass ships in the club to the best of my knowledge.

Philadepphia Glider Council (about 120 members) does have an all glass
fleet with three Grob G-103 two place ships (used for all dual
instruction), two Grob G-102, and one ASW-19 single seet ships. Of
course, there are also many private ships on the field. They own the
airport and have two tow planes. As in most clubs, instruction is part
of your membership fee and there is no extra charge. They have a
special transition program for power certified pilots.

Although the distance can be a problem on the ground, you can fly
direct to PGC in a short time. I suggest you call first, however, to
obtain landing permission and directions since it is a private field.

Fly safe--

Skip Guimond