Old January 3rd 12, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default Ka-6 Oxygen

most K6's had a tube for mounting oxygen bottles, unfortunately the tube fit
the european bottles that are just a smidge smaller OD than they typical US
Bottles and their bottles didn't include a blow out fixture and therefore
don't pass US DOT standards and cannot be used....so it may require a
smaller size system to fit but the newer systems utilizing oxysaver cannulas
and even Aerox DDO2 systems the systems are far more efficient than the old
system sand duration can be very similar to the older larger
bottles.....these new systems can be quickly added since they are completely
portable and don't even require any installation, or paperwork.
please see http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page35.htm for more data
tim

"Peter von Tresckow" wrote in message
So I'm thinking about maybe going to the carolina wave camp, but my
flatland Ka-6Cr isn't equipped with O2. I seem to recall that the round
hole in the bulkhead on the right side behind the pilot is intended to
hold a bottle.

What size bottle is supposed to fit in there?

Thanks

Peter
N4793T

signature database 6765 (20120103) __________