Old June 18th 04, 04:14 AM
Ragnar

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Ragnar" wrote in message

"Harry Andreas" wrote in message
In article , "Ragnar"

wrote:

"Harry Andreas" wrote in message
In article , remove

wrote:

http://mae.pennnet.com/articles/arti... 05527&pc=enl

"The concept for Block IV arose from a challenge by the Pentagon

implement
the U.S. Navy's vision of a low-cost "Tactical" Tomahawk system

that
would
provide affordable, responsive fire power, affordable follow-on
production,
and significantly reduce life cycle cost. "

WattabunchaBS.

Missile Systems Group made an unsolicited proposal to USN for a

follow-on
program to legacy Tomahawk, and proposed making it 50% cheaper by
re-designing some things and using procurement reform. It took
literally an act of congress to make it happen.

And you have cites for this?

Yes

Yet you fail to provide them when asked. That speaks volumes.

From what I have read, Raytheon did submit the original proposal for TT
without their being a RFP issued. But left unsaid was how "unsolicited"

that
was; did DoD say, "Hey, we can't justify buying more and more Tomahawks at
the existing price and with the restrictions upon operational use they are
burdened with, so can you come up with a cheaper option that increases the
tactical usefullness of the system?" Who knows?

Who knows? Apparently Harry thinks he does, yet he doesn't seem to be able
to present any proof.