Old July 1st 05, 02:23 AM
Peter R.

Matt Whiting wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I hate flying USAir now that they've
mostly relocated to PHL from PIT. I honestly can't remember the last
flight I had through PHL where their wasn't some sort of delay. This
wasn't nearly as big a problem in PIT. I know USAir had some sort of
tiff with PIT, but they've really hurt their service by moving to PHL.
I live about equidistant between PIT and PHL and have no axe to grind
for either city, but I surely did prefer the days when all flights from
ELM went through PIT rather than PHL. The airport was nicer and the
delays far fewer.

I concur. The last two times I flew commercial, I flew US Airways and had
to connect through Philly. Absolutely terrible experience as US Airways is
plagued with both a hub airport that cannot handle the volume and a very
low ground crew morale.

On one leg, we landed late into Philly and pulled up to the gate. We
literally sat at the gate for 10 minutes awaiting the arrival of a
"qualified" jetway operator. When the US Airways employee showed up, she
showed absolutely no sense of urgency getting to her post and positioning
the jetway up against the aircraft. I almost didn't make my connection.

--
Peter