Old July 5th 07, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Christopher Brian Colohan

Default I had 2 DUI's about 6 years ago, is it realistic for me to become a commercial pilot?

writes:
Where I am at now is just trying to figure out how I can be sure one
way or another. How do I get the official thumbs up or down? I can't
bring myself to invest all that money only to be unsure and have to
wait until I get further down the road and committed to find out.

Let's say you get the "official" thumbs up from the FAA. You go
through your training, and become a pilot. Now you need to go and
find a job...

Before committing to this route, you should not only ask the FAA, but
also try to get a feel for your chances of finding a job when you
finish. Perhaps it makes sense to talk to some airline recruiters or
professional pilots to see if the DUIs will hurt your chances of
getting a good job when you finish?

Chris