Old October 3rd 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Most Dangerous Time?

Mike wrote:
hat is the most dangerous time of any flight?

Statistically takeoffs and landings are the most dangerous as they account
for about half of all fatal accidents. Further breaking it down, takeoffs
are far more dangerous than landings (again going by statistics).

Depends on the definition of "dangerous". If it's serious injury or
fatality, I think you're probably right. If it's the possibility of an
accident or incident, then I think landings take the prize. There are more
landing accidents than takeoff accidents, but accidents during the takeoff
phase tend to have more serious consequenses.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)