Old August 26th 10, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default 302 5V out

On Aug 25, 6:23*pm, Andy wrote:
On Aug 25, 2:38*pm, T8 wrote:

Does anyone know whether the 302 uses an (efficient) switch mode DC
converter, or just a plain old regulator (doubles as a toaster)? *

Don't know but I'd be interested in the answer. Although, since my PDA
doesn't use a back light, it's probably not a significant load (always
charged before connected).

I expect you could find out by monitoring the 302 input current and
the 5v output current.

Andy (GY)

Looking at the specs again and thinking about what's in the box... I'm
guessing it's reasonably likely that the 302 is a 5V device and the
whole shebang is powered by a switch mode power supply with 5V output
and "8 - 16V" input as listed in the specs. And yeah, the proof
would be in measuring the actual current draw on the 12 and 5V
side.

But if anyone knows for sure....

-T8