Old August 30th 03, 09:26 PM
Mike Weller

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:19:06 GMT, Kyler Laird
wrote:

"Tom S." writes:

If you're using headphones, that should be the
solution for BOTH of you.

Don't forget that their eyes are more sensitive to light than ours!
If you're using sunglasses...
--kyler

Their eyes don't work the same way our's do. Here is what I've seen
them do (no pun intended)... On a late summer night, windows open and
not a sound out here in the country. Something sets off the Lab and
then the Golden Retriever follows suit. It's a half a mile to the top
of the mountain behind us, but we all heard something. The dogs are
pleading with us to open the back door and let them figure out what
that sound was.

I did and they did.

And what I find amazing is that with no acclimation from the bright
lights inside the house to almost zero light with a tolerance of zero
on the trajectory they ran at full dog speed going up the mountain. I
couldn't see a dang thing, but they made (and still make) the winding
path, with cliffs, vines, trees, rocks, and all sort of pitfalls, at
full speed.

Amazing.

Mike Weller