Old May 15th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Brad[_1_]

Default Terminology Ques: 5 mile turn vs. delay vectors

On May 13, 4:16 pm, "Bob Gardner" wrote:
Good point, and I don't have a pat answer. I do know that controllers react
appropriately to a request for delay vectors, however.

Bob Gardner

"Mark Hansen" wrote in message

On 05/12/07 15:38, Bob Gardner wrote:
Can you find it in the Pilot/Controller Glossary?

Can you find Delay Vectors in there? ;-)

Bob Gardner
SAY AGAIN, PLEASE

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers

And occasionally you'll need to speak plain language when standard
phraseology doesn't work. "Vector" is standard phraseology, but the
words "Request" and "Delay" don't stand on their own in the P/CG. I
agree with Jose, just ask him in English what you want.