Old May 31st 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Gasohol

On May 31, 11:22 am, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:
Ken Finney wrote:

IF I ever get a plane, all these silly fuel issues would be a real
irritant. I haven't been paying much attention to the new diesel
aircraft engines becoming available. Since I should be making my own
biodiesel by the end of this Summer (for something less than 45 cents
a gallon), are any of the new diesels in the O-200/Rotax 912 class?

You'll never get an STC to put it in a certified aircraft. Better start
thinking experimental.

Actually there is a company with an STC for biodiesel. They have a
C-172 at Sacramento City College that if fully STC'd on biodiesel
rigtht now. If you really want give these guys a call
http://www.do.losrios.cc.ca.us/scc/spring/aviation.htm

-Robert