Old August 13th 13, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

Default Absurdity of US Rules (in fairness to FAI)

On 08/13/2013 12:59 PM, Evan Ludeman wrote:
You're doing it wrong.

T8

Evan, this is exactly the answer I got when I brought it up two years
ago. Regardless of how I fly the other guys in the start cylinder are
still doing this. It will continue to happen until we replace the rules
with something even more complex, in the name of "safety" of course.
All the meanwhile we'll be sitting down having dinner and a beer at 5:30
in the afternoon complaining that the sport is dying and that no one
wants to go to contests... here is a bit of a news flash, the sport is
not dying of natural causes.. we're killing it!

Rant over...
Luke Szczepaniak