Old August 28th 18, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Canopy opening in flight

I saw a 1-34 pilot who got a bit rushed during take-off. The canopy flew open and broke but stay attached. The pilot lost his hat and glasses but landed without incident. Like Mark M, I took off with my Pegasus canopy unlatched and heard some rattling. I'm not sure how I screwed that up. The glider was new to me and I think the closed position was opposite of the club's Grob Twin or L23? Most of my previous flights were in an ASW 15 with a completely different latching system. Latching the Peg canopy once off tow was simple. Lesson learned.