View Single Post
Old November 11th 12, 09:15 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderstud View Post
Without looking into any facts or dates (therefor I can join in the rant) I could safely say the Ventus Ca driver in question hasn't been on the RC for at least 4 years. The Ventus Ca has been on the club class list since the list began, I think, but I am not going to look into the actual facts. The Ventus Ca driver that seemed to kick so much butt at the Parowan contest in question was taking care of the Ventus Ca for a friend in Holland (the Ventus Ca is currently in Holland). The former Nimbus 3 driver sold the Nimbus 3 (a very sad day for Nimbus 3 driver), at 750kg, crazed gelcoat, no gap seal, missing mylar, still seemed to beat the newer gliders... This should show that its about the driver not the glider....With that in mind, when said Nimbus 3 driver switched to become a Ventus Ca driver (due to the lack of owning a Nimbus 3) the odds were good that such driver was going to do well regardless of what he was driving.

Ventus Ca driver had a 3-headed monster, plus 2 kids (1 teething), so I don't know how many more distractions (was the most fun driver had had at a contest in a long time) one such driver should give other drivers to pass him on the score sheet... But if the excuse of Ventus Ca driver bringing an unfair glider to a contest helps you sleep at night...then okay by Ventus Ca driver, as Ventus Ca driver has still been to more WGC's than you.

By the way a lite Ventus Ca doesn't do any better than a heavy ASW-20...just saying...but you never heard the Ventus Ca driver complain, he just flew better to offset handicap. Ventus Ca driver doesn't think its real racing anyway...Open class is the only real sailplane racing...everything else is just fodder to pass the time

....see you all in Mifflin....driving something in club class, if all the distractions (minus 3-headed monster) can make it.

Have you thought about a career as a comedian? Best laugh I've had for a while. Agree about the empty Ventus. I fly a Nimbus3D as well as my little Ventus a and it's easy to be beaten by better pilots despite having higher performance gear. Keep up the good work Garret

Colin