Old September 2nd 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_7_]

Default Loosing my newsgroup feed

"Anthony W" wrote in message
I got an eMail from Verizon this morning saying that they are dropping
their news server.

I'm not going to pay for a subscription to a newsgroup service for 2
groups so my question to the group is: what eMail list would you recommend
to replace this group?

I'm already on the Chuggers list but are there other ones worth being a
member of? I'm not building a plane but I find I learn a lot of tools and
techniques from the aircraft builders. Who knows maybe someday I'll get
to build something that flies.

There are a number of free newsgroup servers you can access. I use the one
Charter (my ISP)carries, but it is often unreliable. I also use
nntp.aioe.org as a backup, which you can access from any computer, any
place, with any ISP. It does not carry binary newsgroups, but that is not
an issue for this group, and most others.
--
Jim in NC